folks who teach: what pandemic-induced adjustments to your teaching do you plan to continue implementing once the world is back to normal?
— Nneka D. Dennie, PhD ??♀️??✊? (@BlkGrlBrilliant) November 16, 2020
Thematically, it sounds as if instructors are embracing:
- Zoom office hours in place of — or in addition to — face-to-face office hours
- greater flexibility (soft deadlines/due dates, choices/alternatives in projects)
- collaborative annotating of readings (Perusall, hypothes.is)
- open book and open note quizzes and tests OR shifting from tests to assignments/projects
- scheduling “break days” into the syllabus
- allowing themselves to be “real” (allowing pets to show up on camera)
- actively checking in on how students are doing physically/emotionally/mentally
This thread is pure gold. Many thanks to Professor Dennie for asking this great question!
BONUS: W&L Peeps You Should be Following on Twitter (If we’ve missed someone, please let us know!)