Fall Academy is two fabulous weeks — Monday, August 3 through Friday, August 14 — of technology instruction, pedagogy discussions, guest speakers, hands-on workshops, panels, and other information sessions for new and returning faculty and staff, offered in coordination with the University Registrar, Dean of the College, Office of the Provost, and other offices.
Now accepting session proposals for 2020 Fall Academy though Friday, July 17!
This year, Fall Academy will take place from Monday, August 3 to Friday, August 14. Registration will open on July 27 at go.wlu.edu/fallacademy.
If you would like to offer a session during the first week (Aug 3rd – 7th only — week 2 is completely full, sorry), please let us know the following information:
5. Format (panel session, information session, guest speaker, workshop, etc.)
6. Preferred days and times from Monday, Aug 3rd to Friday, August 7th — we’ll try to accommodate, but some sessions that are already booked might prevent this.
7. Zoom meeting URL
Friday, May 22
12:00-2:00 pm, Main Level of Leyburn Library
Tell us what you’ll need to showcase your students’ hard work over this intense 4 week term. The Request for Technology form is now available.
We will do our very best to honor all requests. Kindly note that there is a limited number of locations for projectors and projector screens, as well as easels and poster boards, so please complete the form as soon as possible. Thank you!
Questions? Contact email@example.com, 540.458.4561.
Winter Academy 2019 will run from Monday, December 9 through Thursday, December 12.
- Presentation format: Panel, guest speaker, workshop, information session, discussion, demonstration (you can select more than one)
- Preferred day(s)/time(s)/location
- Technology required
- University account number (if you’d like to have the session catered)
Thanks! Registration will open in late November/early December at go.wlu.edu/winteracademy.
Teaching inclusively requires faculty to reflect intentionally on the decisions they make in their course that affect who is not being included or heard. Our goal is to have the faculty we work with embrace the idea that the inherent diversity of their students is not a problem, and acknowledge that a lack of structure in both course design and classroom environment hurts students unequally. We then provide some practical, easy-to-use tools to empower faculty to make their courses more inclusive.
Fall Academy is two weeks — Monday, August 19 through Friday, August 30 — of technology instruction, pedagogy discussions, guest speakers, hands-on workshops, panels, and other information sessions for new and returning faculty and staff, offered in coordination with the University Registrar, Dean of the College, Office of the Provost, and other offices.
NEW for 2019: Inclusivity Day!
The first Friday of Fall Academy (August 23) will offer four very special sessions, all in Hillel House 101, including:
- Inclusive Teaching and Mentoring, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM;
- Leveraging Technology to Cultivate an Inclusive Classroom, 12:00 – 1:30 PM;
- Applied Inclusive Pedagogy: A Practical Guide, 2:00 – 3:00 PM; and
- Disability, Diversity and Inclusivity: Pedagogy in Higher Education, 3:15 – 4:15 PM.
Sign up now at go.wlu.edu/fallacademy!
If you would like to offer a session, please let us know the following information:
- Format (panel session, information session, guest speaker, workshop, etc.)
- If you would like a breakfast or luncheon session (or to offer coffee and cookies/pastries), please let us know if you have funding.
- Preferred days, times — we’ll try to accommodate, but some mandatory sessions and sessions that are already booked might prevent this — and locations.
The festival is free and all are invited. Refreshments will be provided.
We’re excited that you want to celebrate the work of your students who have been exploring the depth and breadth of a single course for an intense four weeks! Please sign up for the Spring Term Festival to tell us what you’ll need to be able to showcase your students’ work. The more information you can provide, the better.
We will do our very best to honor all requests. Please keep in mind that we will honor requests in the order in which they are submitted. Thank you!
Still time to sign up for this workshop!