Sign up for Fall Academy at go.wlu.edu/fallacademy. There’s something for EVERYONE. Don’t miss out on FREE staff/faculty development.
Fall Academy is two fabulous weeks — Monday, August 23 through Friday, September 3 — of technology instruction, pedagogy discussions, guest speakers, hands-on workshops, panels, and other information sessions for new and returning faculty and staff, offered in coordination with the Harte Center, University Registrar, Dean of the College, Office of the Provost, and other offices.
NOTE: If you’re interested in any breakfast or lunch sessions, registration will close 5 business days prior to the session in order to give Dining Services an accurate headcount. Kindly register as soon as you know you are able to attend.
Have you wanted to use an iPad Pro or try the Apple pencil?
The ITS Help Desk located at the Information Desk on the main floor in Leyburn Library has them to check out to faculty and staff.
iPad Pro data details http://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/specs/
- iSight Camera – 12-megapixel iSight camera
- Video Recording
- Speakers – 4 speaker audio w/ high-fidelity speaker in each corner
- Microphones – Dual microphones
- Battery – Up to 10 hours
Apple pencil details https://www.apple.com/apple-pencil/
- Highly responsive. Virtually no lag time. Draw lines of any weight.
- IPad Pro is designed with palm rejection technology, making it possible to rest your hand on the iPad screen while you use Apple Pencil.
- 12 hours of battery life. Slip off the magnetic cap of Apple Pencil to reveal a Lighting connector that lets you charge Apple Pencil simply by plugging it into iPadPro.
- Use Notes to jot down ideas or sketch a diagram during a lecture.
- Use your Pencil to mark up a PDF or document in your own handwriting.
- Use Pixelmator on your iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and 16K image support, Pixelmator is the ideal photo editing tool for imaging professionals. It offers advanced features like layer-based painting, cloning, and blending modes while working with the powerful multitasking abilities of iOS.
How do I reserve it?
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting to pick one up, and include the start/end dates.
• Stop by the Information Desk in Leyburn Library to check one out.
• Call us at 540-458-4357