We are now accepting applications for the 2020 ALFI Cohort.
If you’re ready to incorporate active learning in the classroom and interested in examining and making thoughtful adjustments to your teaching methodology with a group of like-minded colleagues and the gentle guidance of ITS Academic Technologies, then you should apply!
Professors selected to participate will receive a stipend of $1,000 and must be able to meet the following requirements:
- As part of the cohort, you agree to read and discuss the recommended articles and chapters on active learning prior to meetings.
- You will incorporate active learning elements into a Fall 2020 course. (You should have taught the course at least twice previously so that the content is very familiar.)
- You will identify at least one module in the course that can be reworked using active learning techniques.
- You will attend up to four meetings over the summer (late May through early August) with Academic Technologies and CARPE staff and/or other cohort members to work through the process of planning and building the active learning module, and one meeting in the fall to discuss progress. If you’re planning on being away/abroad for most of the summer, this program may not be for you.
- You will provide feedback to Academic Technologies on what worked, what needs improvement, and give suggestions on how to improve the program in the future.
- You agree to participate in a Fall or Winter Academy panel session on active learning, sharing results of the program.
- You will participate in future ALFI cohort meetings/luncheons, when new participants are ready to discuss how to rework modules, and other sessions, when available.
Ready? Set? Go! Visit go.wlu.edu/alfi to apply now!